Sunday 25 November 2012

Pin It

Widgets

CLEAN EATS: Monday Power Smoothie


CLEAN EATS
CLEAN EATS

I’m not a Monday person. Or Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday person really. But Mondays are particularly bad. The snooze button is usually pressed about 47 times before I actually get up, I then have that internal debate over whether I can be bothered to wash my hair or not (Answer: I can’t), and by the time I’ve showered & dressed I’m usually running about 45 minutes behind. I’ve never been one to skip breakfast, so thankfully I have come up with a quick, super nutritious power smoothie for Monday mornings that is also incredibly delicious.

The quantities are all very rough as it’s usually a matter of me fumbling about in the kitchen madly throwing things into the blender but, thankfully, that approach seems to work with this smoothie and it’s hard to get it wrong.

Serves two medium sized glasses or one enormous glass

Ingredients:

Large handful frozen raspberries
Very large handful baby spinach
Handful cashew nuts
Heaped tablespoon raw cacao
Tablespoon maca powder
Tablespoon chia seeds
Tablespoon coconut oil
Pinch cinnamon
About one and a half cups of water
Put all ingredients in blender. Blend. Drink. Marvel at delicious healthiness.

Notes:

I promise you can’t taste the baby spinach at all.
I don’t add ice as the frozen raspberries do a similar job, but if you’re using fresh fruit you might want to add a few cubes to cool it down.
You can add any fruit you like really - I’ve also used banana, strawberries, and blueberries in the past. I’ve settled on raspberries as my fruit of choice as I firmly believe that Raspberries Make Everything Better, but you may have a different opinion!
All ingredients are bought from the supermarket, except the raw cacao and maca powder which I bought from Wholefoods House (most health food stores should sell them).

No comments:

Post a Comment