Thursday 22 November 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Makeup Artist Grace Lee Talks Beauty Tips and Makeup Trends


Makeup Artist
Makeup Artist

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of chatting with Grace Lee, lead makeup artist for Maybelline New York Canada. If you haven't heard by now, she will be overseeing everything makeup in Toronto during World Mastercard Fashion Week. This is very exciting news, as its the first year Maybelline New York will be the official makeup sponsors.

The Fashion Spot: Having had 15 years experience in the beauty industry, I can only imagine that you have all the tips the ladies are dying to know. I mean, I still struggle with getting the perfect line on my eyes. What's the secret? Do you use a special product?


Grace Lee: Everything comes with practice, it's good to start off with a picture in mind and to copy that visual. Some people prefer to trace with a pencil first to use as a guideline and then trace on top with liquid.

DEFINE-A LINE eyeliner is a good one to start tracing, then EYESTUDIO Master Precise is an ink pen eyeliner with a fine tip. No need for a second brush. I recommend this to put on top of the tracing. It's a newer product in the Maybelline family.

Some people like a more intense look,  EYESTUDIO Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner is a great one for that. It's a gel liner that comes with a separate brush.

tFS: Thanks for the tips. Now moving on to having that gorgeous face with a flawless finish, how can we get that look?

GL: FIT ME FOUNDATION, as an artist this is my favourite liquid foundation. I prefer this because I do a lot of things with it. It's good to build, contour and highlight. For consumers DREAM NUDE AIRFOAM is amazing, it's the best seller of the Maybelline foundation family, its very lightweight coverup.

tFS: What is your favourite current makeup trend?

GL: I would have to say bright lips

tFS: What are your top 3 favourite Maybelline New York products?

GL:




1. DREAM BOUNCY BLUSH The texture is great, the payoff is sheer, and as a huge fan of blush, it's a lasting product that leaves my skin glowing.

2. BABY LIPS SPF 20 LIP MOISTURIZING BALM I always say this product is my favourite and that's because it is. Unlike other lipglosses I've tried that leave your lips feeling dry, this makes my lips feel good all the time. It smells good, it's tinted and moisturizes my lips.

3. Mascara - All of their mascaras are amazing and are my favourite, partly because they do what they say they will. Maybelline is a leader in the Mascara world.

tFS: What are some of the Spring / Summer trends our readers should be looking forward to?

GL: Some of the trends I think will be big is either thin brow or big brow, cat wing eyeliner, and bright lips. The great thing about bright lips is it creates a great focal point when the makeup is minimal.

tFS: What is the signature Grace Lee look we can expect to see on the runway during fashion week?

GL: I am known for creating beautiful skin, so you can expect to see a lot of fresh, beautiful looking skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment