Saturday 24 November 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Lauren Scruggs on Recovery: It's a Miracle


Lauren Scruggs
Lauren Scruggs

Lauren Scruggs feels lucky to be alive - even blessed.

This, after she accidentally walked into a propeller and lost her left hand and eye. Her mental state is just as astounding as her physical recovery.
"It's kind of weird to say, but I wouldn't trade it," the 24-year-old model and blogger says. "I've seen it as a miracle. I've been through a lot but I'm living."


Scruggs tells People that she's adjusting to her prosthetic eye and several different prosthetic arms, plus re-learning how to tie her shoes and drive.

It's hard, but she's coping. Make that thriving.

"Sometimes it's easy to dwell on the fact that I don't look the same," says Scruggs, who is releasing a memoir written with her family this week.

"But every day I'm feeling better and better."

Says her father, Jeff: "You don't take life for granted anymore."

Inspiring story and individual, triumphing over adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment