Having smooth, shiny legs draws attention to the contours of your body without seeming to try to hard. In order for your legs to look attractive, though, it's important to take good care of them, especially when the weather is nice and you're wearing shorts and skirts!
- Take time to tone your legs, by doing a lot of muscle exercises in addition to running or walking. The first step to having great legs is having toned legs. But be careful not to build too much muscle! Having well-developed calf muscles can make your legs look manly. Instead, try to make your legs look lean and healthy.
- Tan... if you like that look. Tan legs can look very pretty, but it really comes down to personal preference. If you like the look of bronze legs, go for it! If you prefer to go natural, that's great, too!
- Shave, and shave well, taking time to get your legs as smooth as possible. Try using a multiple blade razor, or even an electric razor, to get a close, smooth shave. You also have to maintain a very close shave. For some women, this will mean shaving every day. Other women find that their hair doesn't grow back very quickly, and are fine to shave once every few days.
- Or wax! Waxing is a great way to get smooth, shiny legs, and the results will last much longer than shaving. Waxing is known to be painful, but over time, waxing actually removes the hair follicles from your legs, which means you need to wax less often. Even if you normally shave, you may want to get a wax every now and then for ultra smooth legs.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. This cannot be said enough! There are many ways to moisturize your legs, and all have different benefits. Try out a few and see which ones you like!
- Lotion - There are literally hundreds of brands and varieties of lotion on the shelf. Take some time to examine lots of types and pick one you think will work for your needs. You may want to see if there's a travel sized bottle of the lotion you want, because you may not like it enough to use the whole bottle.
- Moisturizer - There are also different products marketed as moisturizers. These are often longer lasting than regular lotions, but may not be as comfortable to wear on your legs day in and day out. If you want to use moisturizer, try putting some on your legs at night before bedtime. It will soak in overnight, allowing you to start the day with already silky legs!
- Baby oil - Perhaps one of the best moisturizers can be found with the children's products. Baby oil - Perhaps one of the best moisturizers can be found with the children's products. Baby oil, if applied as a daily regimen, will give you silky smooth, baby soft skin over time. Baby oil is more comfortable to wear than moisturizer, but can look very shiny on skin. If you wish to avoid the high gloss look, try putting baby oil on your legs after you get out of the shower in the morning. By the time you walk out the door, your legs will have absorbed it right up. Use Vaseline if you're in a hurry. If you don't have the time to incorporate a daily regimen to achieve shiny legs, apply petroleum jelly on your shin bones- it will give you a quick gloss. This works best if your legs are tanned or naturally darker, and can look slightly greasy on paler skin tones. Make sure to rub it in well, or risk leaving unsightly globs of Vaseline on your beautiful shiny legs!